- Total 236,800 km2 (83rd)
- Population: 2008 estimate 6,677,534
- Laos is a landlocked country in Southeast Asia and the thickly forested landscape consists mostly of rugged mountains, the highest of which is Phou Bia at 9,242 feet (2,817 m), with some plains and plateaus. The Mekong River forms a large part of the western boundary with Thailand, whereas the mountains of the Annamite Chain form most of the eastern border with Vietnam. The climate is tropical and monsoon. There is a distinct rainy season from May to November, followed by a dry season from December to April. Local tradition holds that there are three seasons (rainy, cold and hot) as the latter two months of the climatologically defined dry season are noticeably hotter than the earlier four months. The capital and largest city of Laos is Vientiane and other major cities include Luang Prabang, Savannakhet (city)Savannakhet and Pakxe.
- In 1993, the Laos government set aside 21% of the nation's land area for Habitat conservation preservation. The country is one of four in the opium poppy growing region known as the "Golden Triangle." According to the October 2007 UNODC fact book "Opium Poppy Cultivation in South East Asia," the poppy cultivation area was 15 square kilometres (3,700 acres), down from 18 square kilometres (4,400 acres) in 2008.
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...