Mai Chau Tour 2 Days
This trip to the northwest highlands of Mai Chau offers a balance of cultural interest and physical activity, set amongst some of northern Vietnam 's most stunning scenery. We trek for one and a half days through villages in Mai Chau and overnight in a White Thai village where we have the opportunity to observe the lifestyle of these minority groups. From the mountainous region of Mai Chau, we travel back to the nation's capital, Hanoi.
Day 1: Mai Chau - Pong Cong Village (L,D)
- We depart Hanoi and head west toward Hoa Binh City where we stop for refreshments and coffee. Leaving Hoa Binh, we climb toward the Mai Chau valley, about another 1.5 hours away, stopping on the way to take in the spectacular scenery.
- Following lunch in Mai Chau town, we stroll around the stunning villages of Thai people.
- Our hosts for this evening will be the White Thai minority people and we will stay in one of their traditional stilt houses. There, we will be toasted as honoured guests and will be able to sample some of their homemade rice wine! In sampling these people's hospitality, we will discover a little more about their lives and culture following the evening meal.
- Tonight's accommodation will probably be a little more rustic than your usual accommodations at home.
- In the evening, enjoy the performance of the minority dances and drink Ruou Can.
- Overnight at homstay.
Day 2: Pong Cong Village - Na Meo - Xo - Lac Village - Hanoi (B,L)
- Following breakfast we begin our half-day cycling of 20 km in this beautiful valley, going from one village to another. We will encounter the local villagers going about their daily business tilling the fields, logging or herding the buffalo.
- We reach our destination at Khoe Village . Drive back to Lac Village for lunch.
- Afterwards we can stroll around the hamlets, before returning back to Hanoi.
- Dinner on your own.
- End of services.
- (Optional to drive to Hang Kia to visit Flowers and Black Hmong instead of treking to Na Meo Xo, Sam Khoe Village without any surcharge)
- English speaking guide
- Transfer by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation at homestay including breakfasts.
- Lunches, Dinners mentioned.
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses and all services not clearly mentioned, etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Beverage, tips, etc.
Comments on program
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...