Song Xanh Sampan Mekong Cruise Private 2 Days 1 Night
Song Xanh Sampan
* Technical Info:
- Song Xanh II and Song Xanh III: 18 metres long x 4 metres large, 1 bed room + 1 salon at the front that can be transformed into 1 more bed room at night with same space and facilities, 1 bathroom including wc, hands washer, shower) + 1 sun deck at the back with table and chairs / Capacity 4 adults or less with childrens/ 3 Crew members including Captain + 1 English or French speaking guide.
- Song Xanh IV: 22 metres long x 4,5 metres large, 2 bed rooms + 1 salon at the front that can be transformed into 1 more bed room at night with same space and facilities, 1 bathroom including wc, hands washer, shower) + 1 sun deck at the back with table and chairs / Capacity 6 adults or less with childrens/ 4 Crew members including Captain + 1 English or French speaking guide.
- Salon amenities: 1 rattan sofa and 2 rattan armchairs with cotton pillows, 1 rattan low table, books, 1 rattan standing lamp, water jacynth floor carpet.
- Bathroom amenities: tooth brushes and tooth paste, cotton buds, shower cap, shampoo, soap, bath and hands cotton towels.
- Bed room amenities: cotton kimonos, rattan slippers, fans, double bed with silk bed covers and pillows , 2 rattan bed drawers/bedroomwith 2 silk bed lamps lotus style, 1 ratan chest drawer/bedroom, 1 rattan sofa with cotton pillows, water jacynth floor carpets (bed sides and front).
- Sun deck amenities: teak wood square table with 4 or 6 bamboo/hard cotton chairs.
- 1 small roawing boat attached at the back ("Xuong") with bicycles for deeper canals discovery.
* Mode of Operation:
- All of our cruises are operated on "private charter" basis.
- No "join-in".
- No fixed departure dates.
- Confirmations are given on "first come first" basis according to boat availabilities on requested dates.
Day 1: Cai Be - Sadec - Can Tho (L,D)
- Pick up from at 07:00 Am at hotel in Saigon, transfer to Cai Be, embank the Song Xanh , The excursion starts at around 10.am from our pier in Phu An hamlet located next to Cai Be town, approximately 2 hours drive south from Saigon. Upon embarkation on your sampan you will be welcomed by our crew.
- After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of some local home factories where you will be able to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made.
- We will then proceed to Cai Be colorful floating market, cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Your sampan will take direction of Vinh Long and Sa Dec, cruising upstream on the Tien Giang River, one of the two large arms of the Mekong. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remain unknown to many people. We will then cruise on a small beautiful canal through water jacinth plantations…
- You will disembark to take a small rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a local tiny village and fruit plantations. Further on the banks, some dark smokes in the sky will lead us to one of the largest artisanal bricks and tiles factory where you will have an interesting visit. Sa Dec town will appear like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals. You will disembark at the local market place for a guided visit of this charming town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century are numerous.
- Your lunch will await you at an ancient house dating from 1890, home of Mr. Huyen Thuy Le, the “Lover” of Marguerite Duras famous writer. (see her novel and adapted movie “The Lover”) Back on board your sampan, you will enjoy cruising down to Can Tho along a beautiful narrow canal, passing under several wooden “monkey bridges” and by tiny typical villages.
- Some stops on the banks will be possible to establish contacts with the local population. A visit will be done at a Cao Daist temple.
- Before sunset, we will have our last stop on the banks arranged at a splendid ancient house or “Nha Co” dating from the early 19th century. After being greeted by the owners, we will cater a candlelight dinner for you, an unforgettable experience in a unique atmosphere.
- After dinner, we will proceed the cruise for approximately one hour until Can Tho. We will moor for the night in a quiet place.
- Your bed will be ready for your night on the Mekong river.
Day 2: Cai Rang - Can Tho (B)
- At around 06am, your sampan will slowly start cruising.
- Your breakfast will be served on board at 07am while approaching Cai Rang floating market actually still the largest in the whole Mekong delta. We will pass by countless sampan boats carrying sand, rice, fruits and vegetables, fish, flowers… showing an intense activity on the river.
- Your cruise journey will end at around 10.am at Ninh Kieu pier after a visit at Can Tho local market where you will be transfer back to Saigon.
- Drop off at your hotel in Saigon.
End of our service!
- English speaking guide on board
- Round trip of private transfer
- 1 breakfast on board
- 1 lunch at an ancient house
- 1 candlelight dinner on board incl.1 small btle. of wine for 2 an ancient house
- 2 bottles of min. water/pers./day, Green tea, Fresh fruits
- Boat Cruise
- Bicycles and “Xuong” rowing boat rides
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Goverment tax & service charge
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
Comments on program
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...