Song Xanh Cruise Private Mekong River from Saigon to Rach Gia 3 Days / 2 Nights
Song Xanh Sampan
* Technical Info:
- Song Xanh II and Song Xanh III: 18 metres long x 4 metres large, 1 bed room + 1 salon at the front that can be transformed into 1 more bed room at night with same space and facilities, 1 bathroom including wc, hands washer, shower) + 1 sun deck at the back with table and chairs / Capacity 4 adults or less with childrens/ 3 Crew members including Captain + 1 English or French speaking guide.
- Song Xanh IV: 22 metres long x 4,5 metres large, 2 bed rooms + 1 salon at the front that can be transformed into 1 more bed room at night with same space and facilities, 1 bathroom including wc, hands washer, shower) + 1 sun deck at the back with table and chairs / Capacity 6 adults or less with childrens/ 4 Crew members including Captain + 1 English or French speaking guide.
- Salon amenities: 1 rattan sofa and 2 rattan armchairs with cotton pillows, 1 rattan low table, books, 1 rattan standing lamp, water jacynth floor carpet.
- Bathroom amenities: tooth brushes and tooth paste, cotton buds, shower cap, shampoo, soap, bath and hands cotton towels.
- Bed room amenities: cotton kimonos, rattan slippers, fans, double bed with silk bed covers and pillows , 2 rattan bed drawers/bedroomwith 2 silk bed lamps lotus style, 1 ratan chest drawer/bedroom, 1 rattan sofa with cotton pillows, water jacynth floor carpets (bed sides and front).
- Sun deck amenities: teak wood square table with 4 or 6 bamboo/hard cotton chairs.
- 1 small roawing boat attached at the back ("Xuong") with bicycles for deeper canals discovery.
* Mode of Operation:
- All of our cruises are operated on "private charter" basis.
- No "join-in".
- No fixed departure dates.
- Confirmations are given on "first come first" basis according to boat availabilities on requested dates.
DAY 1: SAIGON - CAI BE - PHU AN - DONG HOA HIEP - VINH LONG - SA DEC (L,D)
- Morning pick up from hotel around 7:30 am, departur for Cai Be.
- The excursion starts from Cai Be town pier at around 10.30 am. Upon embarkation on your sampan-hotel, you will be welcomed with fresh cotton towels.
- After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. We will proceed to Phu An hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta can offer.
- On the way, stop will be made at some local home factories to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other regional specialties are made.
- A delicious lunch will await you at "Le Longanier" restaurant, a superb Indochinese house located by the river, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations. After lunch, your sampan will cruise deeper into the country side along smaller rivers and canals.
- Visits on the river banks will allow you to discover some fruit markets and plantations such as bananas, water melon, coconuts, longans, as well as an ancient mandarin house dating from 1890 where you will we welcomed by the owner. Occasion will be given to establish friendly contacts with the local population.
- Your sampan will proceed to Vinh Long cruising along Dong Phu canal and An Binh islet famous for its fruits orchards. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remaining unknown to many people.
- Crossing the large Co Chien River we will pass under the spectacular My Thuan Bridge. We will proceed the cruise up-stream.
- On the banks some dark smokes will lead us to one of the biggest artisanal bricks and tiles factory where we will you have an interesting visit. Back on board, we will proceed to Sa Dec. The town appears like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals… Your sampan will moor for night.
- While you will have a tour in town, your dinner will be prepared on board.
- Overnight on board.
DAY 2: SA DEC – LONG XUYEN – ONG HO ISLAND (B,L,D)
- The breakfast will be served on board at 07am. The day will begin with a guided visit of Sa Dec charming and peaceful town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century are numerous… You will also visit the local market and the Trung Vuong primary school where well known writer Marguerite Duras spent her childhood…(see her famous novel “The Lover”).
- Back on board your private sampan for your second day cruise in the delta. While your sampan will proceed upstream on the Mekong river to Long Xuyen, a delicious lunch will be served on board… Long Xuyen is a peaceful typical provincial town lying on the Mekong’s banks, dotted with an attractive floating market… In the afternoon, excursion to “Ong Ho” island to visit the museum of Ton Duc Thang, second president of Vietnam…
- At the end of the day, we will organize for you an exciting evening with your dinner arranged at a local house. You will be able to share experiences with family members and learn about traditional southern lifestyle, a highlight of your journey to be kept for long time in your memory…
- Back on board your private sampan for the your second night on the river.
- The cruise will slowly continue during the night to Rach Gia.
DAY 3: LONG XUYEN - RACH GIA (B)
- Arrival at Rach Gia, a port town located at the southern end of Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand. Its main industries are fishing and agriculture.
- The breakfast will be served on board at 07am (for those having a connecting flight to Phu Quoc island at 08am, breakfast will be served at 06am).
- In Rach Gia, there are several places of interest including Ha Tien about 100km north-west which has some unusual limestone formations. Many of the rock formations have caves that have been turned into temples…
End of our services !
- English speaking guide on board
- Round trip of private transfer
- 2 breakfast on board
- 1 lunch at an ancient house, 1 luch on board
- 2 candlelight dinner on board incl.1 small btle. of wine for 2 an ancient house
- 2 bottles of min. water/pers./day, Green tea, Fresh fruits
- Boat Cruise
- Bicycles and “Xuong” rowing boat rides
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Goverment tax & service charge
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
Comments on program
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...