Cambodia’s first census in decades, carried out in 1998, put the country's population at nearly 11.5 million. With a rapid growth rate of 2.4% a year, the population now stands at more than 15 million and is predicted to reach 20 million before 2020.
Phnom Penh is the largest city, with a population of almost two million, f Other major population centres include the boom towns of Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, Battambang and Poipet. The most populous province is Kompong Cham, where more than 10% of Cambodians live.
The much-discussed imbalance of men to women due to years of conflict is not as serious as it was in 1980, but it is still significant: there are about 94 males to every 100 females, up from 86.1 to 100 in 1980. There is, however, a marked imbalance in age groups: around 50% of the population is under the age of 16.
If you want to discover more about Myanmar beautiful country, come to visit Myanmar through a travel Myanmar.
More information: http://www.condao-tours.com/news_events/Economy.html
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...