Phuket's appeal lies in the beauty of the island, and the variety of relatively inexpensive activities on offer. Thailand's largest island has wonderful food, vibrant nightlife, an excellent range of accommodation and great beaches, but there's a lot more to do besides sunbathe!
- Diving, fishing, eco-adventure tours in the forests, touring the amazing area around Phang Nga Bay, trips to the outlying islands and elephant trekking are just a few......
- Want to know more? Click through our site for comprehensive travel and tourist information. Check out our special offers on hotels, car rentals, etc., Use our maps and photo tours to locate the best beaches and find a place just right for you.
What to Do
- Beaches, islands, jungle, great natural scenery. Take a day off the beach and go sightseeing. Hire a car, or better still, take a tour and have everything done for you. Tours and cruises leave regularly to Phang Nga, Khaolak, Phi Phi and the outlying islands and normally include lunch, transfers and park entrance fees. Why not take a tour which includes an activity like sea canoeing, or snorkelling? Or try something different......bungy jumping, diving, game fishing.....
- At night, choose from hundreds of restaurants, take in the Patong scene, check out the amazing Phuket Fantasea show......dancing, music bars, Thai boxing.....
Where to Go
- Around Phuket Island
- Most sightseeing tours will take you to the well known beauty spots and viewpoints around Phuket. Laem Promthep in the southern tip of the island (super sunsets) Karon viewpoint (vista over the Andaman sea) and the Khao Phra Thaew National Park. (See tours).
- The provincial town, also called Phuket, has grown rapidly over the last few years, incorporating new hypermarkets and leisure facilities such as bowling alleys and a new cinema complex. The town has some notable Sino-Portuguese buildings; a legacy from the Phuket's days as a major tin mining centre, plus some good local restaurants as well as the ubiquitous Macdonalds and the usual fast food outlets.
Phang Nga Bay
- Spectacular limestone scenery rising from the sea, mangroves, sea caves with crystalline interiors and hundreds of tiny islands make up Phang Nga Bay, one of southern Thailand's most fascinating areas. Located north of Phuket Island tours operate daily, some combining a road/boat trip while others cruise up for the day. Prices vary with the mode of transport, the lunch and schedule. All tours visit Ko Ping Gan or "James Bond Island" where Bond was served a bottle of Dom Perignon in "The Man With The Golden Gun," and Koh Pannyi, an unusual Sea gypsy village perched on stilts above the water against a backdrop of towering limestone cliffs.
- Located in the mainland province of Phang Nga just north of Phuket Island, Khao Lak has only recently been "discovered." The area, visited by only a few tourists, stretches across three national parks and offers nature lovers an unspoilt landscape of beaches, hills, mountains, forested valleys, mangroves and estuaries. Eco-tours operate daily and include elephant trekking and in season, kayaking along the river. This area probably deserves more time and accommodation is available. An overnight stay is recommended.
Phi Phi Islands
- A trip to the Phi Phi Islands is an unforgettable experience. The beauty of the area with sheer cliffs soaring from calm, clear seas is stunning. Phi Phi Don, the larger island, has idyllic tropical beaches lining its southern and eastern shores. Phi Phi Ley, to the south, was made famous as a location for the Hollywood film "The Beach" and has shallow coral gardens, teeming with fish - perfect for diving and snorkelling. Take a day trip or stay overnight.
Where to Stay
- Looking for action or somewhere off the beaten track? Would you prefer an international hotel, or a small unpretentious guesthouse? Can't decide where to stay? Check our beaches guide for more information. Or perhaps you'd prefer to stay on an island like Phi Phi? See the islands guide. You'll find lots to choose.
- Phuket's west coast contains miles of white sandy beaches - which is where most of the resort development and hotels are located. The beaches in the north of the island around Bangtao (dominated by the 5 star Laguna complex) and Pansea Beach, contain more upmarket resorts as Amanpuri Resort and less local development.
- You'll find some restaurants and a little local nightlife, but there's little need to venture out as the hotels provide everything you could want.
- Moving south, Kamala is quiet enough to get away from it all, but only 10 minutes from Patong. Accommodation is limited to small guesthouses and a few international resorts. Nightlife is quiet, eating out under the stars the main entertainment.
- In the centre of the western coastline is Patong - a bustling resort with a 3,000 metre beach, a huge choice of restaurants and bars and a hectic nightlife. Patong has a lot to offer. A great beach to chill out and meet people during the day, and the island's main entertainment area at night. You can stay in small hotels, guesthouses or "brand name" resorts like the Holiday Inn Phuket, the Novotel Phuket Resort and Le Meridien which during May to October offer some great deals. South of Patong, Kata and Karon beaches are less developed with hotels spread out over a wider area. More village like than Patong, they're close to the action but far enough to have peace and quiet.
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...