Bangkok - the capital of Thailand
Bangkok, capital of Thailand and one of Asia's most dynamic cities, is the heart and soul of the country. This frantic and steamy tropical city offers surprises at every turn. Gleaming skyscrapers, glittering temples, colourful street markets, sophisticated shopping malls, bustling nightlife, and a vibrancy which reflects the incredible economic growth of the last few years.
- A booming, modern capital, Bangkok still manages to retain its unique Siamese heritage in the wonderful food, culture, exotic architecture, Buddhist tolerance and Thai hospitality. The new "Skytrain" a symbol of Bangkok's rapid development, provides not only a convenient way to get around the main areas, but also some great views over a capital in constant change.
- No longer the "Venice of the East" nor the city of Angels, Bangkok is, without doubt, one of the most exciting cities in the world. A trip to Thailand would not be complete without at least one visit....
What to Do - Places to Visit
- Must Visit: The Grand Palace with its soaring roofs, majestic architecture and gleaming spires......
- Get up early for a classic picture of the morning sun reflecting on the river by the temple of the dawn (Wat Arun) If you want to see more, Bangkok has over 400 temples in varying architectural styles. There are also a number of strange and interesting museums. The NationalMuseum, Jim Thompson's House, Vimanmek Mansion and Suan Pakkad Palace, all of which house fine art collections. You can visit historical sites, art galleries, exhibitions, and summer workshops. Tours leave daily to some of the historical sites like Ayutthaya - the former Thai capital.
- The Grand Palace Suan Pakkad Palace Wat Arun Wat Traimit
- Vimanmek Palace Temple of the Emerald Buddha Wat Pho Wat Mahathat
- Wat Saket Wat Niwet Wang Suan Phakkard
- A dream place for shopping. Thai silk, handicrafts, clothes, souvenirs, furniture, antiques, paintings, or just fun stuff. A wander around the local markets and back streets will give you not just great bargains, but an insight into the local life of this bustling city. Whether you're looking for upmarket brand labels in airy glass and steel shopping malls, or inexpensive souvenirs, you won't leave empty handed.
- Bangkok has a great nightlife, and we're not just talking about Patpong and the bars. There's a thriving music scene, lots of clubs, pubs, live music and Karaoke bars.
- Concerts featuring visiting international artists (both classical and modern) performing in large and small venues all over the city, are a regular feature. Check with Metro magazine for music listings.
- Thailand is justifiably famous for its wonderful food, and Bangkok is the place to find Thai specialities from all over the country. Spicy salads from the North east, curries from central Thailand, seafood from the south. From sophisticated air-conditioned restaurants to roadside noodle stalls, you'll find food is everywhere! Yearn for food from your own country? No problem, you'll find it here. Swedish, Irish, Korean, Japanese, the list is endless. If you want to learn the secrets of Thai cooking, you can take cooking classes. See our food section for all details.
Fun Things to do
- Cruise along the Chao Phraya river for a glimpse of a fascinating lifestyle. The network of "klongs" (canals) which once made Bangkok the “Venice of the East” are not as numerous as before, but the river still remains an important part of Bangkok. Tours leave daily along the canals. No trip to Bangkok would be complete without a visit to the famous floating markets, located on the edge of the city and a trip to see a noisy bout of Thai boxing, or 'Muay Thai,' considered the ultimate form of hand-to-hand fighting among all the martial arts.
- River and canal trips, Safari World, Siam Water Park, The Science Museum and Planetarium, there's even an ice rink! For kids fascinated by "jaws and claws" the Snake and Crocodile Farm will hold the attention of the most bored teenagers.
- A city of contrasts, Bangkok also has a traditional and spiritual side. There are many Buddhist temples which offer a retreat from modern living. You can study Buddhism, learn traditional Thai massage and learn meditation techniques in places like Wat Pho - a revered place of learning. Or you can simply visit to get away from the hustle and bustle.
- Local agent - without an intermediate
- 24/7 availability
- Quick reply
- Guaranteed quality service
- Safety & Security
- Flexible & Professional staff
Please discover the testimonials of our travelers. They came back from the trip and share their reviews and impressions.
- Offer "the visa approval letter" for fee
- Accepting online payment conveniently and quickly
Comments on program
- Wow.. a nice routine passing the most cities in Vietnam along the ...
- I like this program, not too fast, not too slow pace in a suitable ...
- Yes, Justine. I've back from the junk in Halong. It's a fantastic ...
- You are so good at making itinerary. Perfect time, activities and ...
- Sounds great! A nice combination of accommodations which may bring ...